Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Skateboard cupcakes

Skateboard cupcakes

A friend of mine asked me to make cupcakes for her step son's 11th birthday and the theme was skateboards. His favorite colors are red and black. I found an idea online and made mine smiliar but not exact

Once I had made the red frosting and it turned out SO RED I decided for the chocolate to leave it chocolate and not color it black. The liners were red foil for the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting and black liners for the chocolate cupcakes with red colored vanilla frosting



I made fondant letters and numbers for the "Happy Birthday Kyle" and the 11's and the rest were circles meant to look like skateboard wheels. I found mini skateboards on Oriental Tradin co online. Gotta love that site they have everything

I think they turned out pretty cute - although I don't think I would ever hear an 11 year old boy say "cute" but he seemed pretty happy when he saw these

No comments:

Post a Comment